Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Agrin

I hadn't been able to write about the movie "Turtles can fly". The reason was neither because I didn't have enough time or that I didn't like the movie. It was because I was faced with an strong and horrible reality that I have lived in a corner of it and have felt part of it. The city I was born and grew up in isn't far from the plots of this movie. In fact, it is located in one of the most beautiful but tragic places of the Earth, in a region where the border of three countries, Iran, Iraq and Turkey meet.
It was not until today, that I saw Roger Ebert has written a review about it and different scenes came to my mind, scenes which were so horrible I was trying to erase them off my mind. I still don't like much to talk about it. I just refer you to the film and to the review which Mr Ebert has written.

No comments: