Sunday, January 30, 2005

Pakistan, Land of Paks

My relations with Pakistani and Indian friends is very special. When I came here after a while some of my Iranian friends in here and even in Iran warned me about this relation. Their reasons were very different and vast but I had a feeling that they all had some forms of racism. Unfortunately this is a very delicate matter which a person might not feel it but may fall into it. And about this specific matter I felt that it is more important and logical to have good relations with the people of neighbor countries than with the people living in western countries. I say this because although relating yourself to the powerful and dominant side seems reasonable, at the end when it comes to reality we can witness that the very same countries try to rob you and always look at you from the above. But we always neglect the countries we have beside us, the very same countries that have the most things in common with us, mostly a common and very close history and the ones who could be our best friends. That is a thing we can easily learn from Europe. The EU does a miracle in here bringing everyone from European countries very up close together, because it is simply so natural to do so. Probably all the world should step in the same path, first bringing the people in the same regions together and maybe hopefully at the end bring everyone in our planet together.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

"Imagine", John Lennon

No comments: