Sunday, January 16, 2005

New lights of hope...

Few minutes ago, I opened the first page of Shargh, the only Iranian newspaper which is still worth reading, on the internet...
After starting the university, I always had doubt about my field of study. This wasn't quite my first option! Well I have a great passion for art, in all sorts of it but how could possibly be any relation between art and electrical engineering!? Well, yeah! Ok..., I know that some methods in electrical engineering are very artistic and blah blah! But you know what I mean... And in scientific field my lifetime passion was space, stars and planets! Just looking at them made my heart pound and jump from its place to grab them! But just as most of the others, I ended up studying this field, well, because it was almost the only option which was guaranteed for the future in Iran. So in the upcoming years I felt very uncertain about my option. At last, when I finished my BS, I came to France to continue this and luckily hope to find something more related to my interests. Today I opened the first page of Shargh...
Last year, among the universities in Europe, US and Canada which I applied was University of Michigan and there it was professor Mahta Moghaddam which I felt very interested in working as a student under her supervision. Just few minutes ago I opened the first page of Shargh...
Unfortunately my application was not qualified for University of Michigan. This year I want to try my chance again. Today I opened the Shargh Newspaper and there it was on the fisrt page: Huygens Landed On Titan, One of the Moons of Saturn And Prof.Moghaddam was the person responsible for the radars of this voyager. So there it is! My very studies along with my first passion.
And yeah! I know! It is a dream. But what are we other than our dreams. This time I dare to dream. Believe me, "It is easy if you try..."

No comments: