Friday, October 13, 2006

Friends

So, now, I can say I'm a bit free after three rather tough exams. Specially the last one which was a Probability and Stochastic Processes exam. It was such a long time that I hadn't really been challenged myself in an exam. It was either too hard or too easy but this one really felt good, specially the last question which really felt intelligent.
I'm now sitting in HUB! yeah, that is right, there is a building(the nicest building in campus) in Penn State called HUB. And I'm enjoying the wireless connection to chat with friends and write this.
Now life is going more smooth. I finally bought a laptop, although it came with an almost disaster: my external hard disk crashed with all the music and files and movies I had inside. But now I can have some amount of entertainment in my room while I'm alone.
Now, my group of friends are divided into five groups. Other than my Iranian friends and French friends, I have made a new group of friends:Chinese! And I've already asked them to teach me some Chinese, but it is the hardest thing I've yet experienced. The fourth group comes from the fact that I can speack turkish and there are a lot of them here so it is really good to be able to communicate with them in their own language and it is a good practice for me too. The fifth group is again my very good, very friendly group of Indian friends which I find very nice people. Today, just an hour ago I made a new Indian friend. He got so friendly with me, at the end he even invited me to his apartment for a round of poker with his friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, come on, write down something here. What's going on over there?

mercedes said...

IF i lived in Iran and my life had no future, why do I worry about life today or life tomarrow. it is better to die for something one believe in, then to have been killed by suffering. The Jews walked into the ovens, by do the Iranians have to follow like sheep.

mercedes said...

Remember the wars of Japan versus China. They slaughtered the Chinese during WWII, Sadan Hussien of Iraq, slaughtered the Kirks and Shittes and the world stood by, do you think they will come to your aid like those people, no! You have to remember, it your lives who are responsible to change the country. Only you will know and see the difference of freedom. Yes! there will be a lot of deaths from your own government, but I assure you, your efforts will not go down in vain.