Sunday, February 06, 2005

Space, the final frontier

Last week I received a mail regarding an internship opportunity to do a project about image processing in Mars explorations. Unfortunately in the bottom of the letter it said only for French students. I talked with my professor about it and explained to him how much I want to have this internship. Just a day after, I received a mail saying that the position is full. I guess they just couldn't say it is because I am non-French. But anyway, I just had a 5% hope so I am not very disappointed. I will try to find something else in a similar area because I'm sure that in a city with everything related to aerospace and space it is not a hard thing to do. I just have to do something with my nationality!!!
To be honest, in the last few days there were times which I hopefully believed I could get it. It was so good I couldn't believe it, so it was easy to dream, at least for a short period. Before this, I thought there is a difference between Europe and US about it, that US would allow foreigners more easily in these kinds of projects but now I think even US would not do that unless it is completely sure about that person. Somehow maybe it is not very illogical after all. It is their right to be careful about their high tech knowledge and not giving it away so easily. However, at the same time it is our right to not give up so easily too!

No comments: