Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Let's ROCK, baby!

I've begun a complete and thorough research on rock history. I'll soon begin writing articles on this topic. And I might try to publish them in a newspaper or something! Every day I read pages which I save from Internet and along with it, I listen to most of those masterpieces which are mentioned in these pages and it happens to be that I have most of them on CD or in my computer. It is a completely exciting journey through time. I feel close to the youth in those days of beginning of an amazing era and invention of a whole new kind of music. Today with every kind of strange music genres, when we look back we don’t exactly understand the people before us, we have some kind of sensation that tells us it has been like this before for ages and it will remain like this for ages. But exactly at this time Rock music comes in and tells us we are wrong, even about the rock music it self. When reading about it we see it has come a strangely and miraculous long way in less than half a century!

Way down Louisiana close to New Orleans,
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens...
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood,
Where lived a country boy name of Johnny B. Goode...
He never ever learned to read or write so well,
But he could play the guitar like ringing a bell.

Go Go
Go Johnny Go
Go Go
Johnny B. Goode
(Chuck Berry, 1958)

No comments: